Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Joshua 10:25

“Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Be strong and courageous." Joshua 10:25

It's summer! I made the year, one of the hardest years of my life. You know when you are faced with health issues you see the world through different eyes. For so long I felt as I was hovering over my body. There were days I would think am I really walking in this body. I am now at a point to where I know this is reality and I have to fight this battle. I found this verse a couple months ago and it just hit me, that God didn't leave me on the worst day and he won't leave me now. He was carrying me when I felt the worst, when I felt I was hovering. I praise him on the best days and the worst, because it is one more day with my babies. All of this is for him! I was meant to have this for some reason. I don't question him I praise him. I pray everyday for those that are fighting bigger battles and I pray God carries you as well.


It has been four months since I have last updated. I went to see Dr. Chou in May and he was impressed where I was with my Lupus. After feeding one vampire this time, all my labs had improved some. The inflammation in my body had slowed down and was mild. I am now at a time where I am finding out what I can eat and do without slowing down my body. For example, sugar and bread slow my muscles down and I end up in pain. I see him again in August. I do a lot of reading and research on this. I don't like to be surprised so I usually go in with tons of questions and he laughs and says, "so you have been reading." Not sure if that is good or bad. LOL


I am struggling with extreme fatigue right now. It's very hard for myself as well as my family to understand why I am so tired. Some days I can run a marathon and others I can barely raise my arm and keep my eyes open. It makes me very angry and depressed. Dizziness is another thing I struggle with. It has gotten worse over this month so I plan to ask him about that.


I have started walking a couple times a week on my treadmill. Dr. Chou said it was very important to keep my muscles working and walking was the best thing I could do. He advised me to start out at 10 min. 3 times a week. By the third night I can usually do 30 minutes. So I hope this helps me improve and feel better.


My family and I are planning on going to Panama City in July and I am so looking forward to that. I know it isn't what is recommended but I will not loose myself nor my family with this disease. I just have to move slower and rest a lot. But I absolutely can't wait to lay in my chair with my book and fall asleep with the waves. As Luke says, "It's paradise on earth."


Again, thank you all for the messages of love and hope and prayer. I truly couldn't be on this journey without my family, friends and prayers. For all of you with your own battles remember, “Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Be strong and courageous." Joshua 10:25.

I will be praying for you all. For all of you struggling I hope just like myself you will praise good days and survive rough days and continue on this crazy journey we call life.

2 comments:

  1. I love you my friend and will continue to pray daily for you and your sweet family. I hope you have a wonderful trip and make lots of fun memories! Love, Venise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you my friend and will continue to pray daily for you and your sweet family. I hope you have a wonderful trip and make lots of fun memories! Love, Venise

    ReplyDelete